header


Undoing college 1/7/365.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 21 (Steelman Triathlon)


So the triathlon was a success! I finished in 2:21:21 and it was a longggggg 2 hours and 21 mins

The race was a 0.5 mile, a 12.8 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run.

The Swim

The swim was a new experience for me. I had never gone that far all at once. The farthest I had gone without stopping was 500 yards. All my concentration was focused on getting to the next buoy, and after I got to that buoy all I thought about was getting to the next one. It was definitely a challenge and the shore was a welcome site. I finished the swim in 25:31.

The Bike

The bike was the the longest part of the race. There were lots of rolling hills which were awesome because they had a down hill but sucked because they had an uphill. I finished the bike in 1:03:49.

The Run

The run was the most difficult part of the whole race. I was already exhausted from the swim and the bike and 3.1 miles is tough even on fresh legs. After about a mile or so I started to find my stride and felt a lot better. I got a ton of compliments on my VFFs. My feet killed though. I guess I'm still getting used to them. It felt like I was running forever and the last mile felt like it took the longest. It was such an amazing feeling to see the finish line. I finished the run in 45:12.

I was overwhelmed when I finally finished the race. They gave me an ice cold towel at the finish line and nothing could have felt better.

I'm glad its over but I'm ready to do another one. Anyone want to join me?

EDIT

Here are the results

2 comments:

  1. actually considering it.....hmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thats awesome - you did so well. :) keep it up josh. it must have felt great to complete that whole thing.

    ReplyDelete